10.19.2011

Picture Perfect Palette: Fall on a Plate

Good morning, afternoon, evening, day to you my dears!  Goodness, I swear I start every single post with 'good morning' and I bet bunches of you don't look at my blog in the morning.  Hmmm, I think I need to come up with something cute and clever instead, no?

Anyhoo - so far this week I have covered Fall flowers, fashion, food, and shoes and sweets...now I'm moving onto color ;-)  Believe it or not, one of my favorite things.  Even though my fave color palette is white, cream and beige with a hint of golden glam, doesn't mean I can't appreciate lots of other colors! 

Color palettes are all over blog land, usually in the form of inspiration boards, and I tend not to do inspiration boards, as there are a couple of lovely ladies that are AMAZING at putting color palette's together in inspiration boards.  Some of my faves are Chris at Postcards and Pretties, Kate at Magnolia and Rouge and Kathryn at Snippet and Ink.  I find I will leave the inspiration boards up to these lovelies to bring the beauty week in and week out when it comes to color ;-)  However, I do like to post a picture of a palette that I am loving, as I have done bunches of times in the past! 

And you know what?  I usually do a different kind of post called Picture Perfect Palette...but I think from now on I am going to use the name for this type of post, as it is just soooo fitting, don't you think?  So I will have to come up with something else for the other type of post now.  Gotta love when I change my mind...not confusing at all...sorry!

And while I am not one for the usual color palettes for the seasons, I did run across this Fall picture, and fell in LOVE...something I do on a weekly, if not daily, basis around here, hehe...
Fall Color
I guess what I love is the richness and earthiness of the shades...not to mention the mushrooms!  What's on the plate alone is a fabulous palette...
Fall-Color-Palette
How earthy and pretty is the ink with the sienna and goldenrod colors?  And ink color works just as gorgeously with the orange coral and bisque colors too.  So if all five colors are too much for you - there are a couple of color palettes within this one, that you might find one that works for you.  They sure do make a lovely Fall palette, no?

~ Ciao

...image via country home

No comments:

Post a Comment