6.03.2011

Late Night Snack: Triple Garlic Pizza

Did you know I live about 30 minutes away from the Garlic capital of the United States?  No?  Well I do ;-)  The city is called Gilroy, and it is a hop, skip and a jump from where I live.  On a warm day when the breeze is just right, you can smell garlic outside from 30 miles away!  Goodness, I LOVE the smell.  Every year Gilroy hosts the Gilroy Garlic Festival...with this year being the 33rd annual, and I have to tell you it is a BIG to do around here.  You can find garlic anything and everything at the festival - not kidding here...even garlic ice cream!

So not only do I live so close to the garlic capital, but my last name is Italian and I grew up with lots of homemade Italian food...and garlic!  So now you might have a better understanding of how much I love garlic.  And when I stumbled upon this triple garlic pizza I knew it would be a perfect late night snack (for all the other garlic lovers out there).  Just look at this yumminess...
Late Night Snack
And just in case you weren't drooling enough, here's another picture for you...
Late Night Snack
Yes, it would definitely be a hit with your guests.  Oh now I am REALLY in need of some pizza!  How bout you?  Well you can get the recipe for this deliciousness right here.  And guess what?  This pizza is GLUTEN FREE ;-)

And as I see it - it'll be quite late by the time you actually serve this up...so most people by then probably aren't going to care that much about smelling like garlic!  Who knows, maybe the smell of garlic will end up reminding your guests of your wedding ;-)

***P.S. - There are some traveling pizza ovens (like the actual domed oven kind that uses wood) that can pull right up to your ceremony and start making hot fresh pizza!  The one my sister and I had pizza from at the Dunedin farmers market in Florida (Clearwater area) was the BEST pesto pizza I have EVER had!  I still dream about it - no joke!  So you might want to look into it if your interested, as I know they are available in certain areas.

~ Ciao

...images via minimally invasive

5 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum. I would like to eat that RIGHT NOW. I love garlic a bit too much I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to move to Gilroy...smell of garlic 30 miles away, thats insane!!

    fyi- I'm seriously drooling over that pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mi heavens!! That looks delectable!! Love the smell of garlic too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a unique pizza dish aside from the usual ingredients in place.

    ReplyDelete