5.02.2011

Flowers of the Week: 5.2.11

Happy first Monday in May my dears!!  Before I forget, I have to give a shout out to my brother as it is his birthday today - Happy Birthday big brother!!!!  Hope you have a wonderful day ;-)

Okay, was worried for some reason that I would start typing this post and get wrapped up in all the lovely and forget to send him birthday wishes.  So thank you for indulging me, and letting me get it out of the way first!

Oh me, oh my do I have some lovely for you today!  Amazingly gorgeous bouquets by none other than the amazing Kate of Flowerwild.  I know, I know...again with Flowerwild.  However, when you see the lovely that I have for today, I think you will understand why I just had to post...as they are by far MY 'Flowers of the Week' ;-)  Have a look-see...
Flowers of the Week
How gorgeous is this bouquet of orange and copper cymbidium orchids, oncidium orchids and passion vine tendrils?  Yes?  Then have a look-see at this maroon and chocolate oncidium orchids and white passion vine...
Flowers of the Week
This bouquet alone just might bring back the arm bouquet!  And my loves, what are your thoughts on arm bouquets anyway?  Would love to hear.  Okay, continuing on with the lovely is this bouquet of cattleya orchids and green anthurium...
Flowers of the Week
And lastly, but certainly not least, is this bouquet of orange weber parrot tulips and foraged trumpet vine...
Flowers of the Week
Eeks - I LOVE trumpet vine.  Oh, and passion vine too.  Yet, what I really love about these bouquets are the flowers that Kate used.  A variety of gorgeous orchids and vines and some fabulous parrot tulips are not the usual types of flowers you see in bouquets everyday...hence why I love.  Also, as I am sure you already know, I love the loose and unstructuredness of each arrangement...as the flowers are not forced into some shape, however, the flowers themselves shape the bouquet.  Whew...see, told you, lots of lovely!

And the lovely doesn't stop here.  I have another lovely post coming up before noon, and lots more lovely scheduled for this week.  Hmmm, I just might have to call this LCW's Lovely Week!

P. S. - Speaking of lovely - how stunningly lovely did Miss Kate look on her wedding day?  Oh her dress and flowers were just picture perfect, no?  I knew she would have long sleeves, but the lace with the deep V was perfection!  As was Pippa's bridesmaid dress.  I love the fact that it was white too, as it created a gorgeous and cohesive look.

~ Ciao

...photography by jose villa & images via flowerwild, snippet & ink, and martha stewart's the bride's guide

3 comments:

  1. that first bouquet is seriously gorgeous. I'm not a big fan of arm bouquets but I do love the unstructured bouquet that Flowerwild creates.

    Happy birthday to your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow i dont even know which i would choose as my favorite, they are all just so perfect!!! hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those top two... they're definitely a little different to the usual bouquets you see. Although gotta say I'm not a big fan of the arm bouquet (I swear Chris and I think the same on everything.. I just saw she said that too!)

    ReplyDelete