3.15.2011

Tuesday Thought: For Japan With Love

First of all, my sincerest apologies as this post was scheduled to post at 10:00 this morning, but never went up, and I didn't realize it until just now!

With the massive earthquake and tsunami that has forever changed our planet, it seems that I can't think about anything else lately.  It is absolutely mind boggling to me the devastation that has occurred.  One city, you have probably seen on the web or in the news has been completely wiped off the face of this planet...just like that...gone...like it had never existed.  But it did exist, and really hits home even more knowing that an extended family member lived in that city, that is now gone, for 13 years as a teacher.  And this is only one city! 

I can't help by cry every time I think of the lives, families, loves and friends lost.  It is so very hard to lose everything you own...I can't even compare when I was robbed, even though they took every.single.thing to what these people are going through...as I still had a home, water, electricity and family around for support.  So my Tuesday Thought this week is:  if you want to do something, make a difference, and show your support then please, please, please help...
For Japan with Love
A couple of fabulous and amazing ladies, Lydia of Ever Ours, and Lucia and Henny of Utterly Engaged have teamed up and organized - For Japan With Love, a fundraiser for earthquake and tsunami relief.

All of the donations from For Japan With Love will go to Shelterbox, which provides emergency shelter and lifesaving supplies for families around the world who are affected by disasters at the time when they need it the most.  Each large, green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items.

Please join us this Friday March 18th in the Bloggers Day of Silence.  My blog will be silent on Friday, March 18th, (meaning no posts) to honor and respect the devastation that has occurred in Japan.

Blogger friends if you're interested in participating, please contact lydia@ever-ours.com or info@utterlyengaged.com for more information.

~ Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Kristy!! I'm so on the same page as you.. btwn this and our own Christchurch disaster I've shed many a tear and have struggled to get excited and motivated about things this week. Utterly devastatingly sad.

    ReplyDelete