10.07.2010

~ homemade: welcome sign ~

I am extremely sorry that this post is so late getting up!  And I am also sorry for only giving you one option - trust me, I have sooo many more.  Yet for now, this will just have to do.  With that aside, today's homemade project is a welcome sign...
DSC_0300
I love to have something welcoming my guests...it's inviting don't you think?  Anyhoo, the materials I used for this project were an 8 foot piece of lattice (under $23 at Home Depot), 1 can of white spray paint, 4 kale plants (under $16 for all 4), floral wire, red and white gingham fabric, cardstock, and spray adhesive.  Here is a portion of the lattice piece before...
Homemade
And the kale plants...
DSC_0261
First I spray painted the lattice and let dry.  While that was drying I copied letters onto cardstock, sprayed with spray adhesive and laid down pieces of material.  I then cut out the letters.  Next, I cut the kale plants off their stems and stuck floral wire through them...
Homemade
Finally, I adhered the welcome letters, attached the kale plants and tied some rope on the ends to hang...that's it!
DSC_0292
DSC_0296
Homemade
The one thing I love about this project is that any color, fabric, plant or flowers can be used...changing the whole look and style.  Also, you can spell out anything you'd like...just hitched, just married, names, the date, photobooth, etc...  Hope you enjoyed this homemade project! 

Be on the lookout next Thursday for the next homemade project.

~ Ciao

...photography by me

4 comments:

  1. no worries about just showcasing one...this is awesome. perfect touch for a garden party/wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest sign! I love the kale plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn cute!! You clever thing... how do you find the time? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are like Mary Poppins with all these tricks up your sleeve. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete