8.26.2010

~ homemade: photo booth ~

Happy Thursday my dears!  Today's homemade post is an easy to do custom photo booth...really it's 1-2-3 and you're done.  Don't believe me?  Have a look-see...
Homemade
(1) I hung my grandma's vintage tablecloth that she always used at formal affairs from a tree (yes, there are a couple holes and a stain here and there, but it reminds me of her and I thought it added to the whole look I was going for...and really to be honest they are not in the center were the photos are being taken), (2) added my vintage coatrack and mirror; and (3) added some vintage accesories - that's it!
Homemade
Some of the accessories I added I found rummaging through my Great Aunt Millie's steamer trunk!  The sailor hats, faux fur hat and faux fur wrap were perfect additions I thought.  I also added some vintage gold and crystal necklaces for a glam look, and two aprons, one that tied around the waist and an adorable one that you pull over your head!  
Homemade
And we know how popular mustaches are these days...but the one question I keep asking myself is why do they all have to be black and all the same style? Is everyone's mustache black? I have blonde hair...I don't want a black mustache! So I grabbed a couple different old style mustaches (and a pair of lips) from Photoshop, printed them out on cardstock, cut them out and then traced them onto pages in a vintage book, cut them out and adhered to sticks...the overall look cohesive and something that's still the same, but different (as Mr. Big would say...Kristi style)!
Homemade
Using a tablecloth is a quick and easy solution for a photo booth backdrop.  There are so many sytles and colors out there that the options are endless!  
Homemade
Proof that you can do an inexpensive (I spent $0 on this one), custom photo booth that is not only just right for your theme/style, but just right for you!

~ Ciao

...photography by me

9 comments:

  1. loooooove this kristi..can i rumage thru your great aunt millie's truck too...she has some fab pieces in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job girl - beautiful vintage accents! I can't wait to start doing this once I get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gaaahh! i love this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the bees knees! I had to retweet it and I'm putting this on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristi you are so clever!! This is gorgeous!! And that tablecloth is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant idea! i love it!
    and the accessories?! laaaawdy! this would be so cool for a wedding!

    -elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did i mention earlier that you are a genius my dear? ... If not... THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE.... i love this soooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS AMAZING! Love it!! Great idea and theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been created a creative crafts and props for a Photo booth and white curtain is perfect for a background.

    ReplyDelete