7.15.2010

~ homemade: wedding cake ~

So I have decided to start a new series on LCW called "Homemade"...really a diy series but I like homemade better!  As the title states, every ~ homemade ~ post will have some diy homemade goodness in it.  The series will be a little bit of everything...from cakes to decor...just to keep you on your toes and coming back for more!

To kickoff of this new series, I thought I would entice you with something sweet...so first up (yep you guessed it) is a homemade wedding cake... 
Cake
...created by the amazingly talented Chelsea Fuss of {frolic}, for Project Wedding.  I think this darling cake is the perfect treat for a casual wedding.
Cake
And I love how the rosemary, lady's mantle and feverfew make it so summery.  But you could always change the flower to one more fitting for the season...which would make this cake ideal any time of the year! 
Cake
 Simply sweet wouldn't you agree?  You can get the recipe and how to right here!

~ Ciao


...images via frolic

3 comments:

  1. i'm SUCH a fan of the homemade imperfect look!

    We had cupcakes at our reception and I always say
    1. I could have made better ones
    2. I wish i HAD mad them because it would have been even more special.
    but they were great anyways!

    love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new series! Keep 'em comin! :)

    ReplyDelete